Fill the form below to sponsor this student
|GENDER||DATE OF BIRTH||Age||Address|
|Male||1/07/1983||35||66 I, 25th st Phase 6, DHA, Karachi|
Sohail has a learning disability, speech issues and behavioral problems.
How the disability affects him?
A learning disability is characterized by issues with reading/writing, underdeveloped speech and a below average IQ level. As a result, Sohail has a speech problem and he cannot sound words properly to make coherent sense. Sohail also finds it challenging consolidating new learning.
KVTC ‘s Intervention:
When sohail first joined KVTC:
- Sohail had limited functional academic training and he could not read or write.
- He exhibited stubborn and uncooperative behavior and unwillingness to learn.
- Sohail would become aggressive and disruptive if he was not given his way.
- He lacked motivation in initiating tasks and had a limited attention span.
Improvements due to intervention
To address his behavioral problems he was enrolled into group therapy and occupational therapy sessions.
Sohail has improved in these areas:-
- Behavior -he is more cooperative and less stubborn.
- Attention span -he can concentrate on tasks for a longer period of time.
- Motivation -he is more motivated to initiate tasks.
- Confidence -he has become more confident in his own abilities.
- Eye contact with people.
- He can write A-Z in the correct order.
- He can write numbers from 1-30.
- He has overcome his aggressive behavior.
- He can recognize and distinguish between different colors.
- Sohail is currently enrolled in two therapy sessions.
- Art therapy is focused on developing Sohail’s drawing and art concept.Along with providing a nurturing environment in which to develop his fine motor skills.
- Sohail has developed his concept of different colors and currently he is learning to improve this grip by coloring with a pencil and a thumb printing different colored paints on a picture.
- Sohail is enrolled in Montessori class this is a group therapy session. which aims to improve a Sohail’s social skills in a nurturing setting.
- Currently Sohail is developing his color concept and fine motor skills by sorting different colored beads.
How will sponsorship benefit Sohail?
- The sponsorship will benefit Sohail by enabling him to continue with his therapeutic sessions.
- These sessions are vital in order for him to develop skills such as griping a pencil in order to be enrolled into a vocational skill.
|Skills||Hand Embroidery||Occupational Therapy|
|Time Period||2 years||2 years|